On Taylor's actual we had a small family party. She was thrilled when Grandmama Hawthorne gave her Miracle Whip, YUCK! It has been a constant joke since then. Taylor loves the stuff. If I hadn't given birth to the child, I'd think she must have been adopted.
Her birthday party was so much fun! She loves a show on television called "Cupcake Wars" and so we created our own cupcake challenge.
There were two teams. Each team had to pick a cupcake flavor and two ingredients that had to be incorporated into their cupcake. Taylor chose the theme "Spring" and so the ingredients were: grass (green coconut), taffy, baby rabbits (marshmallows), baby chicks (peeps), jelly beans, eggs (whoppers) and m&ms.
All of the girls were extremely creative and competitive! It was interesting to sit back and watch their baking and decorating skills hard at work. While the cupcakes baked each girl sewed their own apron, a task that proved to be harder than we expected it to be. Thank heaven my Mama and Jamie were here to help!
What competition would be complete without judges and today our judges were Grandmama Hawthorne, Aunt Jamie and little sister Kaitlyn. With odds like that you'd think Taylor's team would be a shoe in, but no, it was a tie! Both teams did fabulous!
I can't really express the emotions I am feeling in my heart as I am watching my baby girl grow up! She really is becoming an amazing young woman, yet she is still so young and so innocent! Taylor is extremely creative. She loves to try new things, but is apprehensive to show them in public. She is a very private person and I am so thankful to be apart of her world!
1 comment:
Holy Cow - you are brave! I'm so impressed!
Post a Comment