We made it to Leesburg not too late Friday night and the girls were wired. They love going to Grandma and Papa’s house. It was nice being home and even nicer being able to stay up visiting with Mama. Saturday morning, Kaitlyn stayed at the house to play with the cousins, while Taylor went to the baby shower with Mom and me early. Jamie had her house decorated so cute. It was a bird’s nest them and there was even a real bird’s nest in the tree right outside of Jamie’s dining room.
It was nice seeing everyone and spending time with old friends. The love that everyone there has for Lindsey was evident. I am so thankful she was able to have such a positive experience.

After the shower I hung out at Jamie’s a little bit before heading to see Kathie and Aubrey. Kaitlyn had a sleepover with her cousins at Aunt Jamie’s house and Nathan, well, he got the night off. Taylor and I made it to Kathie’s house around five o’clock. We visited a while and decided on Mexican for dinner. I love spending time with Kathie. She is such a great friend and I miss her terribly. The girls enjoyed themselves too until Taylor bit into her taco and found a piece of wire. Can you say “yuck”? Anyway, fortunately she was almost done because after that she had a loss of appetite and I couldn’t blame her. I am just glad she didn’t choke on it. After dinner we went to Julie’s, Kathie’s sister, house to pick up some baby stuff she was giving to me. Then we were back on the road headed to my mom and dad’s house. One last stop for gas and a banana Slurpee from the 7-eleven store.

That is one thing Taylor really misses from where we use to live is getting banana Slurpees.
No comments:
Post a Comment