"...my first great grand daughter Ryleigh Nichole Mallory was given a 'name & a priesthood blessing.' The name chosen by her parents Lindsey Hornsby & Hunter Mallory and the words of the blessing pronounced by her grandfather Tony Hornsby. The following priestho0d holders stood in the circle holding tiny Ryleigh in their hands, Tony, Bishop Saunders, George Russ, Jeremy Martin, and me. It was a beautiful blessing all done through the power of the priesthood and in the name of Jesus Christ."
I am extremely thankful for the power of the priesthood, the knowledge that it has been restored and I am blessed by it each and every day! I am thankful for family! I absolutely HATE it when I can't go home for special moments like today!
This is my sister Kimberly Currie or otherwise known as "K.C."! She is Ryleigh's grandmother or otherwise known as "Mimi"!

My sister K.C. is an amazing woman! She is a rock and would do absolutely anything for her family. Her testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, is inspiring! She knows Him, follows Him and gains strength through Him! As children we were probably "arch enemies" as I call my girls. Our age difference was very similar.
A few weeks ago I could tell Taylor had been pondering something, something she wanted to ask me. Then finally she, very faintly, asked, "Will I really know the baby? I mean when she is my age I'll be in college and what will we have in common?" I took the opportunity to explain to her that Aunt K.C. was just as older than me as Taylor is to Kaitlyn. And she is also just as older to Aunt Jamie as Taylor will be to this new baby joining our family.
I was delightfully surprised when her methodical, concerned face slowly turned to an inspired and relieved face, a face of excitement. You see she too knows of the bond I share with my sisters! There isn't anything we wouldn't do for each other! We are so much alike and yet so unique.
Yes, yes I am thankful for an amazing sister. A sister who has taught me how to love with all that I am and fight for everything I love! I love you my sister!
3 comments:
Sweet Taylor. Love you all!
I love you too my sister and thank you for the beautiful post.♥
You are always missed
Love my sisters!!!! Can't imagine life without them.
Post a Comment