"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happily ever after...

My niece Kaylee was married for time and all eternity in the Orlando, Florida temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She looked absolutely divine! It was a beautiful ceremony with a breath taking reception at my parents' home.


These are just a few of the photographs taken.  The photographer Brittany Woolley with La Dolce Vita Photography Studios was amazing!  She captured the true ambiance of the entire event.

I have to pause for a moment and share my total amazement of Kaylee's vision along with my mother (her grandmother) and sister (her mom's) ability to bring that vision to life.  They are so talented!  Actually the word talented doesn't seem to describe them justly.  There wasn't a detail left out!  I personally think the writing on the chalk board for the "honeymoon fund" was the perfect finishing touch!  Whoever wrote that must be talented beyond belief (hehe...it was nice if I say so myself and about the only thing I can claim in the decor).

I wish I could say everything went off without a hitch, but it wouldn't be a Watkins' event without some kind of excitement now would it be!  Earlier in the day while decorating for the reception my sister (and mother of the bride) K.C. was working on hanging curtains at the end of the drive way when all of the sudden she swallowed a large corsage pin she had been holding between her lips while pinning the curtain.  A trip to the hospital later and an outpatient procedure the pin was out and my sister was on the mend. 

I am so happy for Kaylee and Ben.  I know he is her prince charming or shall we say King (Ben's formal name is King Benjamin a fact I did not know until I received the wedding invitation.  I thought King was just a nickname Kaylee had given him.)  They make such a cute couple and he really is a great guy!  May they live happily ever after! 

No comments: