Will you braid my hair? she asked. One long braid mom. Now the ultra control freak in me was thinking this was going to be a disaster. She has such beautiful curls and she wants me to french braid her hair, a task I haven't been able to conquer with her curls. I decided to compromise. Can we do two braids? I asked. A bit reluctant she agreed and so I went to work. What should have only taken a few minutes, well, ended up taking forever and in the end she still wasn't happy.
Having lost all patience now, we were headed to my bathroom to curl her hair with the curling iron. If she wasn't going to be happy she was at least going to have a hairdo that I love. You know Kaitlyn Bell people pay money to have curls like yours and they still aren't as beautiful. I told my crying child. You are so breath takingly beautiful it makes me sad that you don't see it because of your curls.
That is when I decided to straighten her hair, knowing that by the time pictures were to be taken it would be a frizzy mess. I even had Taylor take these two pictures to show the before and after.
That day was the first day of her Young Rembrants art class after school. (Side note...Kaitlyn was one of two students chosen in the entire school to receive a scholarship to this 8 week after school art program. We are so proud of her.) Anyway, I thought for sure my point would be proven when I picked her up from school she would be a frizzy mess. It was quite the opposite. Not only was her hair straight as a board, she knew it and even pointed it out to me in between smiles.
Today I decided to make her smile again and straighten it for church. While doing her hair Kaitlyn said, Mom people really spend money to have hair like mine?
Absolutely, lots of money.
Why would they want to waste their money like that?
2 comments:
She is too cute!
What a doll. She is beautiful!!
Post a Comment