Quickly my nervousness turned to excitement. Your art work had been chosen, the same as last year, to be displayed in a countywide art festival this weekend. My smile couldn't have been any bigger and I was bursting with pride. A phone call to your daddy was quick to follow. He too was so proud of you and immediately declared that we must go on Saturday to see it. Well of course we would be going. Wild horses couldn't stop me from going...that was a given!
Oh how you love to color, draw, create and design, my Taylormade! You love all of the different colors and I love your eye for color. What I love even more is the smile that slowly crept onto your face when I asked you if anything exciting had happened at school today. You could feel it too. Your smile, your eyes, they told the real story...you felt special!
But the bestest part of today, the really best of the best part...well that was when you told me how much you hoped the art your teacher had chosen was the quilt you created that had the picture you drew of you and your little sister playing together in the backyard! Me too, I can't wait to see it, whichever piece was chosen.
2 comments:
That is the best thing, to have your daughter's talents noticed like that. Taylor Loooooooooves to do art in Primary and is very disappointed when it's time to put the crayons away!
It is moments like these that make it all worth while, that make us realize how very blessed we are.
Post a Comment