"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

No one is...

My oldest brother Clay is a homicide detective. He works long hours, day after day, as hard as a man could possibly work and is amazing at what he does! I have a special bond with each of my brothers and sisters.


Each relationship is unique. Clay and I have always been close, but when I began working in the child welfare field all those years ago we became even closer. At the time he was working as a detective in the sex crimes unit and he understood. He still understands! He is always there to listen and give advice when asked.

He calls just to say he loves me! He calls to see if I want to go cow tipping with Joe-Bob McGillicutty and he never comes to town looking for a confession without coming to see me.

Tonight one of his cases is being debuted on the WE channels WOMEN BEHIND BARS episode. I am so excited...fifty seven minutes and counting. I'm about to go pop the popcorn.

The other day Joe-Bob called to let me know that the episode was finally going to air and Sally-Jo Johnson called him back. You see Sally-Jo is Detective Watkins' biggest fan. She has even started a fan club for him and is making tie dyed t-shirts with his face on them. The truth is Sally-Jo isn't Detective Watkins' biggest fan, I am! I pray for my brother's safety daily! I pray for his happiness! I pray for the spirit to be with him and guide him in his paths! I pray for his family who often sacrifices while he provides for them! I pray, I pray, and I pray some more! No one is a bigger fan than me!

4 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

How blessed I am to have wonderful big brothers and sisters. Being the baby is the best!

Sarie said...

Jodi, I loved catching up on your blog. You're so positive, your outlook on your family is just beautiful. You're so grateful for everything. I like it! Your girls are beautiful and are growing into women so quickly! I miss you guys. Good to see you with the Shields family too. Not a memory of you without a little memory of them too.

xoxoxo

Vicky said...

Love the story of Clay and His picture.

Leanne said...

That's awesome! Good for him. I'm sad I didn't see this post until earlier or I would have watched it- you know I'm a sucker for a good cop story! :)