It never ceases to amaze me how Heavenly Father will put someone in your life for a season. It amazes me even more when that someone becomes a forever friend and that is what both Taylor and I have found in the Shields girls!
I spent most of my days laying out by the pool and catching up with Latisha, while Taylor spent her days and nights catching up with Kaylee. The girls were together the entire time we were on vacation whether it was at our condo or in their home.

We played together, we ate together, we watched each others children and we loved every minute of it.

Like I mentioned this vacation really wasn't like the others. Not just because we were with the Shields, but also because during our drive to the beach Nathan and I resigned ourselves to the fact that both of us not only wanted, but truly needed a stress free week and that's exactly what we had. Limited telephones, no computers, a laid back approach to the day's plan and, unless it was going to hurt them, a "sure you can" attitude towards the girls. It was a simplified vacation and one that I will cherish always.
I'm not sure how long the Shields family will live there, but our door will always be open for however long they do.
2 comments:
Your post is way better than mine!! Brought back memories of a great week. Thanks for sharing it with us! LOVED the pictures - I need to steal some!
Looks like you had a blast. Love all the pictures.
Post a Comment