With fall in full swing we decided to enroll Taylor in volleyball again at the YMCA. This will be her third season and her skills are progressing nicely. She has a few girls that were on her team last year and one that they became good friends. I still do not like the competitiveness of some of the other parents. There are times I want to turn to them and say, "Listen I PAID for my child to come to the Y and LEARN how to play volleyball. So I'd appreciate it if you SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" But I don't! I just stew inside and pray they don't say anything derogatory about my baby!
Kaitlyn on the other hand is experiencing her very first season playing volleyball. We decided to enroll her when the Y announced they would be having an Under 8 division. Unfortunately the interest wasn't enough and she is playing with kids 10 and under. She is the smallest one on the team and her coach is amazing! Day by day and practice by practice she too is improving her skills. I love watching her confidence grow when she connects with the ball.
Then there is Nans! The cutest little cheerleader ever!!! She is growing like a weed and getting more and more vocal with each and every second. She has 8 teeth and has had them since she was 8 months old. Her first tooth came when she was 4 months old and they have been popping up like popcorn ever since. She loves her sisters, adores her daddy and her mommy is the favorite. Her first word was "mama" (no matter what Nathan and my nephew Jeremy say) and "dada" wasn't far behind.
She is crawling and almost walking. She can balance on her own now and will take a few steps to you if you hold out your hands (thanks to the efforts of our friends Chuck and Stacey along with Taylor's constant coaching). She is the best baby ever! If she is crying something MUST be wrong. If she's screaming Kaitlyn MUST be around! She's not too taken with Kaitlyn toting her around like a rag doll. Most of the time you will find her in my shadow and that is exactly where I'd love for her to stay...within an arms length!



No comments:
Post a Comment