"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

At a snail's pace...

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess.  All the princess dreamed of was having a baby brother.  Then one day she discovered that the Queen was to have another child and she changed her mind.  A baby sister she shall be, is the wish I wish for me!" 
 
 
Soon the kingdom would have two princesses!  It wasn't before long that the girls were longing to have another sibling to laugh and play with as they explored the kingdom. 
 
 
The days turned into weeks, the weeks into months, and then the months turned into years and there still was not another child to laugh and play.  Just when all hope seemed to be lost the news of another princess rang through the kingdom.  "Could it really be?", they'd ask.  Then they'd wait, watch, and see.
 
 
Our girls, they are getting so big.  It is hard to believe that Taylor is 11, Kaitlyn is 7, and little Miss Savannah will be 1 next month.  They each have their own personalities, yet are so much alike in other ways.  I love watching them grow, but wish it wasn't happening so fast!
 
 
The weekend before Halloween the girls and I set off to find the perfect pumpkin.  The patch up the road was way too expensive so I let each of the girls pick out their own mini pumpkin.  Then at the super store all we found were empty bins where pumpkins use to reside.  I guess they all found good homes to go to.  Fortunately our favorite grocery chain, Publix, had the perfect pumpkin.  It was nice and plump with just the right stump!
 
 
This year Taylor wanted to be a "nerd", Kaitlyn a "fairy princess", and...
 
 
Little Miss was a "lady bug"!
 
 
We celebrated Halloween at our Ward's Annual Fall Festival and Trunk-or-Treat.  It was nice not having any responsibilities this year.  We invited Nathan's supervisor Jeff and his family to join us.  The girls really enjoyed spending the night with friends.
 
 
The Monday before Halloween was our annual pumpkin carving tradition.  The girls designed our pumpkin's face.  It was adorable to see that both girls had drawn a design on a separate piece of paper (what did I tell ya about being alike).  I made dirt cake as a treat and they all gobbled it up.
 
 
The girls spent Halloween with the Eves' family while Nathan and I were in Savannah, Georgia on one of Nathan's business trips.  Mama and Daddy were going to come, but Jamie fell and broke both her foot and ankle so they are needed there more.  Katie took pictures of the girls so I will post them as soon as I get them from her.  This makes two years in a row I wasn't able to go trick-or-treating with the girls.  Taylor was sick last year and this year I was spending some much needed quality time with my handsome husband.
 
It is hard to believe that we've celebrated Halloween! The year has gone by so quickly and yet while I was living life it seemed to be moving at a snail's pace. I love this time of year. I love helping the girls create thier costumes, decorating the house, visiting with family, and last but certainly not least "pumpkin spice" candles! Fall is truly my favorite time of year.
 

2 comments:

Latisha said...

I just noticed you had some posts I hadn't read. LOVE these pictures of the girls! They are getting so big!

Jennifer said...

I missed this Halloween post until now too! Your family is beautiful. I assume Nathan has a very big stick for when the boys come knocking on the door for Taylor, she is beautiful!