"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Savannah sleepover..

C. S. Lewis once said, “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”  We have been blessed to get to know the Eves family.  They moved here last year and it wasn't until recently that we've been getting the girls together for play dates.  We all have so much in common!  Taylor and Jessica are both 11 and in the 6th grade.  Kaitlyn fits right between my friend Katie's two youngest girls.  Chloe is 8, Kaitlyn is 7, and Emily is almost 6. 
 
When my sister Jamie broke her foot I just knew my parents wouldn't be able to come and watch the girls for me while Nathan went on his business trip to Savannah and I was right.  Jamie's foot was broken in two places making it impossible to drive.  She would have to be off of it for 6 weeks.  I had been planning the getaway ever since he learned he would have to go for his expecting co-worker, so approximately 9 months and was saddened at the possibility I wasn't going to be able to go as planned.
 
One afternoon while letting the girls play I felt impressed to ask if Katie didn't mind watching the girls for me.  This was a major deal for me because I don't let just anyone watch my girls.  Katie is an amazing woman and as the weeks and months progressed I realized why the Lord impressed me to trust her with my babies at that time!
 
Nathan and I left for Savannah early Halloween morning, hence the girls in their costumes once more.  Katie picked the girls up after school and dropped them off every morning.  Grandmama watched Taylor & Kaitlyn each day after they got home from riding the bus.  This allowed Katie the time to pick her girls up and then come and get ours.
 
 
I was worried Savannah would have the hardest time, but she fit right in and now loves Katie (and her girls) so much!

No comments: