"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When Papa & Grandma come...

The girls could barely contain themselves as the days, hours, minutes and seconds counted down until Papa and Grandma came to visit this weekend. Having been asked to speak at a Young Single Adult conference Saturday night here in town we were lucky enough to have them stay over and visit with us.


Saturday night the girls took full advantage of the fact that I was distracted by visiting with grandma and so they enjoyed staying up way later than usual. At one point I looked over and noticed that they both had climbed up in Papa's lap and were watching Ice Age with him.


I love my mom and dad more than anything in this world and I love that they are my girls' grandparents even more! When Papa and Grandma come there are always smiles, giggles, surprises, hugs and silliness! Grandma always has mints in her purse and Papa always has room on his lap for one more. The best part is that you can see Papa and Grandma's joy in their eyes.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

We had a great time. Love it!!