There was no pancake breakfast this year. Nathan didn't have to work on the Fourth of July and it just wasn't quite the same this year. Since Nathan didn't work as usual instead of heading home to BBQ with the family we headed north to pick up a dresser from my sister Jamie for Nathan's mom.
It was a nice different! We enjoyed spending the time with Jamie, Jeremy and the kids. Taylor and Kaitlyn were thrilled to say the least.
We spent Friday shopping at the outlet malls and had a scrumptious steak dinner that night which Jeremy grilled. Nathan willingly shucked the corn, but wasn't so willing when I tried to take his picture.
Brice kept coming over to the table, I thought to play with Nathan. We later found him with a raw cob of corn half eaten. He had been swiping the cobs when Uncle Nathan wasn't looking.

I find it interesting how the uncle and nephews' faces look so similar.
The kids spent Saturday morning playing outside swinging and swimming in the pool.

Jamie's Stake had their annual BBQ and fireworks. There was lots to do. The boys played softball while Jamie and I counted heads and visited.

The cousins had a blast playing games, getting wet and roaming free.

I was quite surprised at how large the firework display was that night. The kids loved it and Kaitlyn wasn't scared at how loud it was this year.

Off and on throughout the fireworks the girls would climb up in their daddy's lap to enjoy the show. I love seeing my girls with their daddy. Oh how he loves them.

On this Independence Day my heart is full. I am thankful for so much! I truly have recognized my Heavenly Father's hand in my life lately and I am eternally grateful that it is He who is helping me through these changes. I am thankful for my freedom. For the men and women and their families who sacrifice daily so that I may enjoy my family in freedom daily. As I said, my heart it full! I am so blessed! It was a nice change, the only things that would have made it perfect were Mama and Daddy with a big bowl of Mama's potato salad.
2 comments:
We loved having you!!
Love the picture of you and Jamie - you look great! Taylor's braid is very nice, too :).
Post a Comment