"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, November 30, 2009

Tiny little details...

We're back from the mountains and life is getting pretty hectic around here. I wanted to post all of the pictures from the trip, but that is almost impossible when you have close to 800 pictures, yes I wrote 800. I didn't take all of them but I sure did swipe a bunch from my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews. That is what this vacation was all about...family! I'll be taking the next few weeks to do several different posts about my time with the family. My heart is full and I'm not sure where to start so let's just start from the beginning.

Let me tell you a little bit about my family! This is the original Watkins' clan. Mom, Dad, Clay, K.C., Chad, Jodi, & Jamie.


Three girls


And two boys


We are all very close, very different and yet so similar. Our family is very unique and very blessed! With each member added our closeness strengthened. We are at 25 and holding, but little baby Will is about to make it 26.

When the family gets together we are all there. Aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, cousins and grandparents have been able to be apart of one an other's lives. Birthdays, baptisms, awards, proms, and so much more, including holidays.

It has been awhile that my mom has said she would love for us all to be able to have a reunion in the mountains. We've been able to have several reunions at the beach where we had spent our childhood vacations. Daddy and her found the perfect place in Gatlingburg for our family. A place that was large enough for the entire family, but also trimmed with all of the tiny little details that my mom never overlooks.

This is just the beginning of Thanksgiving 2009 and I promise there is more to come...




Each of the rooms had welcome baskets for all of the families. They were filled with candies, lotions, soaps and all the grand babies received their own little black bear.


I guess you could say they were filled with all the tiny little details that Mama does so well!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your Mom put together those adorable baskets for each family?! That is SO cool. :) I can already see how awesome she must be at the tiny details. :)

Jamie Martin said...

Seeing the family pictures today is just what I needed!! What a great vacation! One never to be forgotten.