"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 11, 2011

On to Summer...

Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime! We love summertime and we love vacations! Fortunately we were able to still go to the beach this summer. You see, Nathan's mom had knee replacement surgery the 1st of June and we weren't sure how her recovery was going to go. So Nathan's brother Greg offered to come and stay with mom while we took our much needed annual vacation.

We left on a Friday morning and stopped midway in Tallahassee. Latisha had suggested that we take the time to go to the top of the Capitol to its observation deck and I'm so glad we did. It was nice little adventure and you could see all of Tallahassee from up there. I can't believe I lived in Tallahassee five years and had never been to the Capitol. We were able to tour the House and Senate Chambers too.


Then on to the most beautiful beaches of the world! I love going to the condo. It is truly home away from home! We spent Friday night at the Shields' house and then Saturday morning hit the pool. It is so nice that we are able to catch up with some of our bestest buddies while on vacation. The girls loved the company and I simply enjoyed spending time with Latisha. It's funny, we had been saving all of our stories for when we saw each other and then when we were together we had forgotten most of the drama. I blame it on the pregnancy.

The Florida Hawthorne's 2011
Nathan, Jodi, Taylor, Kaitlyn


Daddy's girls!


Taylor (10)


Kaitlyn (almost 6)


Sisters...best friends, giggling one moment and arch enemies the next. I can't wait to add one more to the mix!








Boogie boarding was the thing this year! In years past we haven't been much of a beach family! We love watching the beach and Gulf from the luxury of our lounge chairs at the pool without all of the sand and seaweed. Yet, this year Kaitlyn caught the wave...


then Taylor soon followed...


and their daddy, well, bless his heart he sure did try!


And finally caught the wave too!


I'm grateful for eternal friendships! Ones that aren't judgmental. Ones that last the tests of time. Ones that can pick up right where we left off and ones that will forever be the same!


Here's to many more vacations with friends like these!!!

1 comment:

Latisha said...

Love the pictures - makes us miss you already! What a great vacation for us, too. Thanks!