When we got home she was in total shock. I made her think she was in trouble for not cleaning her room. I had told her before we left that she needed to clean her room (I knew she'd be embarrassed if it was a mess when they came to decorate it) and so when I went to the back of the house I hollered for her, making her think that it wasn't "Mommy clean". The bottom right picture is of her when she first went into her room. You can see the surprise in her expression.
"There's nothing better than a friend
to wish you happy birthday.
Unless it's a friend with chocolate &
then could ya, would ya, pretty please stay?"
I made Taylor's birthday invitations out of a box of chocolates. We had decided to let her invite a few friends for a party at Peterbrooke Chocolatier. They would learn how to make chocolate popcorn, marshmallows and pretzel rods. Taylor loves chocolate, especially dark chocolate, just like her Grandmama Hawthorne.
All of her friends and even two long distant cousins (thanks Grandma and Papa) were able to make it except for one...
Back (left to right): Ashley Crews, Arora Bishop and Camilla May
Front (left to right): Ashley, Taylor, Courtney, and Jessica Eves
By the end of the night Taylor wasn't feeling so well. She said her throat was hurting. Needless to say, three strep tests later and both Kaitlyn, Taylor and myself had strep throat. The cousins, Courtney and Ashley were supposed to stay and celebrate all weekend long, but ended up heading back to Jamie's where Courtney stayed until her parents could get her. I couldn't blame my brother and sister for not wanting their girls to catch strep too, but Taylor was devastated! Even though I don't think she meant it, Taylor said this was the "worst birthday ever"! I wanted the night to be my little chocoholics dream, but I think it turned into a nightmare instead for her.
Side Note: Party preparations...My favorite bakery of course made the cake. I went to pick it up on Friday morning not only to have it crooked, but look nothing like I had described to the bakery manager (some people just do not have any vision). I was so disappointed and almost in tears. I had dreamed of this cake for weeks, searched the Internet night after night, and finally had created the perfect combination for a chocoholics dream cake. I called Nathan immediately because I didn't know what to do. He told me to take it back right now and so I did. A few hours later I had not one, but two cakes (they gave me the first one as well as the fixed one) and it still didn't look like I wanted. So I had to go to work, bought a box of chocolates and worked my magic. It wasn't what I pictured, but tasted delicious and no one knew the difference.



1 comment:
Despite the strep throat ending, it looks like the most awesome birthday ever! So cool that the Beehives came and decorated. Love that idea! (And I think the cake looks great!)
Post a Comment