I remember when I was a freshman in college and I caught myself saying "I can make this for less" I thought to myself "Oh, no! I'm becoming mom!" Now when I catch myself saying "Nice to meet you hungry, I'm Mom!" I instantly smile, because I'm becoming my mom!Vicky Sharon Currie Watkins a.k.a. Mama is the smartest, most talented, patient, understanding person I know. She can make everything out of nothing, knows everything and yet isn't afraid to admit it when she doesn't. She loves her Savior and shows Him by serving others daily. I don't know how I was so privileged to have been given such an amazing mother, but I thank Heavenly Father every day for her.
I look at the type of mother my mother became and I know it was because of the example her mother set for her. My Little Grandma, Myrtle Currie, is so special to me! She was one of a kind. I can see her now with a smile on her face, swinging her arms from side to side and singing a little song she knew or was making up. She made the best fudge, pot roast and always had a Popsicle in the freezer for after church. I love her with all of my heart and miss her daily.
I once heard that behind every great man there is a great woman. One of those women in my father's life would have to be his mother, Kathleen "Kay" Watkins, my Big Grandma. Oh how I loved our walks on the beach, grandma's day out and peppermint ice cream. Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of her in my own little "Kay", Kaitlyn. I'll never forget the first time I saw Kaitlyn walking with her hands behind her back, one hand cupped inside the other. It was the very essence of her great grandmother and I thought to myself how wonderful it is to know that generations can be linked one to another with just one memory!

When I think of the type of mother I am becoming I can't help, but think of all the other amazing women in my life who have helped me along the way. I have been blessed with the most wonderful mother-in-law in the world. It isn't every day that a man will find a wife who wants to spend time with his mother (and enjoys it). Nathan has always said that his mom likes me more. I don't think that will ever happen, but I am happy to take second best. She truly is wonderful and I love her!

Then there are my sisters! Oh what would I do without MY SISTERS? Although we are far apart in distance we are always close in spirit. We are so much a like and yet so different. Growing up we fought like cats and dogs (a truth to which Mama can attest). However, now they are my best friends! They know me; the good, the bad and the ugly and yet they still love me unconditionally! Oh how I love MY SISTERS!

3 comments:
HAPPYMOTHERSDAYJODI
I love this post Jodi! All so true. Also love the perm!! in the picture on the balcony with your Grama.
HIJODIHAVEGREATWEEKEND
LOVEJESSIE
Post a Comment