
It seems like yesterday that I found out my sister, K.C. was going to have a baby. My niece Kaylee was the first Watkins' grandchild and I was just a sophomore in High School. My best friend, Angie, was an aunt and I could hardly contain myself.
I remember when I was going to my Junior prom, Kaylee (pictured above) was barely walking and was my shadow! It is hard to believe that 18 years have passed since then and she is now graduating from High School.
Kaylee is a beautiful young woman with so much potential! The world is at her finger tips and I know that her Heavenly Father is so pleased with who she is and the woman she will be someday! Although she is being a typical "know-it-all" 18 year old right now, she has been and will always be one of the most thoughtful, kind and giving people I know. She is beautiful from the inside out and I am so thankful to be her aunt and friend. I love you, my Kay-Kay!
This past weekend was Kaylee's graduation party and as I watched a DVD of her life I couldn't help but look at my girls and think of what my sister is experiencing. It hit me like a ton of bricks that in a blink of an eye it will be my turn and I will be watching as my girls begin a new chapter in their lives. Heaven help me!
2 comments:
hijodithanksforcomment
I can't believe Kaylee graduated either and she isn't even my niece. But I do remember her as a baby too. So amazing. Congratulations Kaylee (and to Taylor to for graduating 1st grade!)
Post a Comment