My daddy is the epitome of that statement and exemplifies everything it is trying to portray! He's touched so many lives because he knows our Heavenly Father and strives daily to follow His teachings and our Savior’s example. Thank you Daddy for loving me unconditionally, tolerating all of my many phone calls about nothing and then something, crying with me, dancing with me, noticing when "Jodi's HOME", teaching me the gospel and most of all for just being YOU! I couldn't have asked for a better Daddy! You are definitely an original; one of a kind and I wouldn’t change that for the world!How lucky can one girl be? Not just one, but two Dads!
People who know me have heard me say at least a million times that I have been so blessed to have the type of relationship I have with Nathan's parents as I do. Nathan's dad passed away in October of 2000 and I miss him daily! He is such an amazing man and I love him so much. My favorite memory with him was on the day before Nathan and I got married. He and Mom had gotten me a gift. I opened it up and it was a diamond and sapphire necklace. As he put the necklace on me he smiled and said "I never knew you had freckles." I know I must have blushed a thousand shades of red and it was then that I knew I too was his little girl. I cherish that moment!Then there is the "cherry on top"...the man of my dreams who never ceases to amaze me! There is nothing sexier than watching your husband play tag, kiss away a boo boo, read a bed time story and ask "who loves you more than I do?" to hear the automatic response "nobody daddy"!
It takes a very special man to be the father of all girls! A man who is so in touch with who he is that he isn't afraid of what anyone else thinks. This type of man will do anything for his little girls!
You can see it in his eyes!You can feel it in his kiss!
There isn't anything he wouldn't sacrifice for his little girls!
I was watching Cheaper by the Dozen 2 last night and something the oldest daughter said to her dad really stuck with me. She said "..you've taught me that there is no way to be a perfect parent; only a million ways to be a really good one."
Happy Father's Day to every man in the world! You don't have to have a child to use one of those million ways and touch the life of a child. You can make a difference; we all can!
2 comments:
You are so lucky to have so many great men in your life!
Aw, that is so great to read. I love the way Jake is with his girls, so your descriptions really made sense to me!!! Love that you blog now.
Post a Comment