"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Better than this...

When we moved here we knew, I mean KNEW, that this is where our family was supposed to be. Doors opened and Heavenly Father provided the way. Our finances were such that I could take the summer off and living with Nathan's mom would be a tremendous blessing. When the fall arrived and still no job in sight I never questioned if we made the right decision, because I knew, I just KNEW!

Then right before Thanksgiving another door opened and I was called for a job interview. I had submitted my resume months ago for a part-time prevention working again in child welfare. This time it would be helping to prevent child abuse. When I didn't hear from the agency I told myself it wasn't meant to be. Then out of nowhere there was a message on our machine. They wanted to interview me and then they offered me a job.

Finally, we would be able to stop treading water and actually swim again. Then the news that our beautiful home in Lakeland was vacated. Yes, vacated, circumstances warranted that our tenants had to move out, but they neglected one tiny little detail. They forgot to tell us. So our heads have been dunked again and it is back to treading until we can find someone else to pay that mortgage payment.

Oh well, there are several bright sides, there is always a bright side. You know the silver lining to the clouds of grey as my mom always says. I have a job, Nathan has a job, the house was left in good condition, we have each other and we KNOW that this is still where we are suppose to be. Did I mention we have each other? It doesn't get better than this...


If you know of anyone who is interested in the most adorable 3/2 home in all of north Lakeland please let me know!!!

3 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hijodi

Unknown said...

I am! hahah too bad I can't afford it! :)

Sarie said...

Good luck, we'll be thinking of you! By the way, I would love to work in the prevention of child abuse.. somehow that's got to be so fulfilling. Best of luck.