"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The perfect place...

Well my handsome husband surprised me and agreed to be my date for the New Year's Eve dance at church. I wanted to go and see some of my young women I serve all dressed up. Besides I like to get dressed up too.


The cutest part was when Kaitlyn came twirling into our bedroom in her princess dress. She had asked me why we were going to the party and I said so I could dance with her daddy. So when she came all dressed up she told me that she was going to a party in the playroom, but wasn't sure if she was going to dance. When I asked her why she simply stated, "because I don't have a daddy," meaning she wasn't married. It was too cute!

I enjoyed the time away with my handsome husband. We stayed long enough to let my young woman (only one came) know how beautiful she looked and to dance a slow song. We wanted to celebrate the New Year with our girls so we headed home in plenty of time. Of course both girls were still awake.

We rang the New Year in the perfect place, at home!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Both girls to pretty for words. Home is a perfect place.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

ihopegoodnewyear