"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, February 14, 2010

I want an Uncle Greg...


A few weeks ago we headed home for the weekend so Nathan and I could go to the temple. It became an exciting weekend for Taylor because we surprised her with a sleepover in the Shields' new camper and who else, but Miss Kaylee. It was close to eight o'clock on Friday night when Nathan suggested that we drive half way to the campground to meet Latisha. And so we were off.

While we were gone Kaitlyn stayed with Papa and Aunt Jamie. We were gone less than an hour and as we walked through the doors Aunt Jamie proclaimed, "I WANT AN UNCLE GREG". "What", I asked her. "I want an Uncle Greg" she said. "Uncle Greg's give four wheelers, jet ski's, boats and a million dollars" she continued. "So I want an Uncle Greg".

Apparently while we were gone Jamie and Daddy were asking Kaitlyn what she had gotten for Christmas and Kaitlyn was giving all the credit to Uncle Greg. So Daddy being the silly fellow he is he started asking her who gave her all the lavish gifts I mentioned above and to their surprise, Uncle Greg was the one who had been so gracious.

Nathan's brother Greg came for a visit and both of the girls absolutely loved spending time with him, Kaitlyn especially. We think it is because he gave her is undivided attention. If Kaitlyn wanted to watch a movie, Greg would watch it with her. If Kaitlyn wanted to color, Greg would color with her. If Kaitlyn wanted a snack, well you get the picture, Uncle Greg would get her a snack.

Taylor enjoyed visiting with him too. We loved having him here and were so happy he could come. He's been able to come for a visit every year and this year we were extra spoiled because we are living with Nathan's mom and we all know who Greg really comes to visit...Grandmama!

While here Greg and his mom to a road trip to the Carolinas to visit Aunt Susie and Aunt Barbara. He helped pick Taylor up from the bus stop and drove her to school one day. She thought it was so cool and even showed him "Mommy's shortcut". The day before he left Nathan's mom treated us to lunch at La Nopalera, only the best Mexican restaurant ever. The only thing better than the food was the company! We are so blessed that we have an Uncle Greg!

No comments: