I was never loyal a particular finger nail polish brand until I fell in love with Revlon's color stay two step polish. When it says the polish lasts for two weeks it means it. Anyway, I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I've been looking off and on for over a year. I thought maybe when we moved that a new city would bring me my long last friend, but I was wrong. Well wrong until this morning.
This morning I dropped the girls off at school and headed to the store known as "Large Parking" to pick up a couple things and as I was perusing the cosmetic aisle, looking for a light colored polish to paint the girls toe nails this summer, I saw it. An entire display of my favorite finger nail polish of all time. I wanted to sing, but with still no voice I decided to do a little dance. What made it an even sweeter deal was that they were only $2.
I immediately put every single box in my cart. Then realizing I only go through maybe two bottles a year I compromised and put back all but eight. Now before you go judging me I know $16 in finger nail polish when money is tight is extravagant, but in my defense this is a four year supply to add to my pantry and if I am extremely conservative I could possibly use only one bottle a year and then it would be an eight year supply. Although I don't know the shelf life of finger nail polish that isn't opened I really am not to concerned about it right now because I am delighted with my find.
I've always been a thankful person. I am not sure when, but some time ago I had an epiphany. I realized that I needed to be more grateful for the little things in life, for example when I volunteered to make memory boxes at church on Sunday afternoon, came down with bronchitis Sunday night, slept all day Monday and Tuesday, went back to work still not feeling well on Wednesday, needed to deliver the boxes to church that night and stopped by a dollar store on my way home hoping, praying that I'd find something that "would do" and not only do I find something that "would do", but something that was even better than I ever possibly imagined and was definitely within my budget. You know those kind of little things. My epiphany was that these moments, in my opinion, are the moments where Heavenly Father is sending me a gentle reminder that He knows me; He is aware of my needs; He recognized my wants and will provide. And so with this epiphany I've began to right then and there give thanks to my Father in Heaven. A simple soft spoken thank you and recognition that I know it is He who gives me my everything.
So today with a soften spoken thank you I was reminded once again that I am not alone. Isn't it amazing how the simplest things in life can bring you such immense pleasure.
*SIDE NOTE--Years later when I am looking at this picture and wondering where in the heck is my wedding ring. I noticed this week that one of the prongs was loose around my center diamond and took it to the jeweler to be repaired. I felt incomplete without it so I am wearing the next best thing, the anniversary ring that my handsome husband gave to me.
2 comments:
Love it! So glad you found your polish - and what a great testimony, too!
Yes he know you , me and all of us. We just forget soemtimes. Loved you testimony. Happy you found the polish. Think of all the money you saved over the years. Now what are you going to get with it. Ha HA
Post a Comment