The last time Taylor had her hair cut, really cut, not just a trim was September of 2008. Her friend had just gotten her hair cut and the two of them begged me for weeks to let Taylor get her hair cut too. Since then Taylor has been growing her hair out. She loves having long hair. About a year ago Taylor told me that she thought it would be neat if she gave her hair to a little girl who was sick, "You know, like a wig Mom" and I agreed. Since then she has been hesitant to actually get her hair cut. "Let's wait a little longer, Mom. That way she can have long hair like me." I could sense her hesitation and didn't push the subject. She was almost sure that she wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love, but it wasn't my decision to make.
A few weeks ago I suggested that the summer would be a perfect time to get her hair cut. Taylor agreed and asked if we could wait until school was out. I could tell that she didn't want to go back to school and have all of her friends fuse over her new hair style.
So today she went to school looking like this...

And after Ms. Esther worked her magic she looked like this...

Kaitlyn had her very first hair cut too. Don't let the smiles deceive you. She was quite upset she couldn't have the same hair cut as Taylor and didn't understand why she couldn't have straight hair too.

So after sometime at the beauty salon my two princesses left looking so sheik and sporting a new look.
9 comments:
They are so pretty!! And Kaitlyn looks a lot like Jamie :)
Their haircuts are so cute!!! Taylor and I have the same haircut!
It looks great! Kaylee is anxious to donate her hair, too, but it isn't quite long enough yet!
Oh my goodness...your girls are so beautiful!
as much as I hate seeing Taylor's gorgeous hair go, the new look it hot stuff! I miss you guys! LOVE YOU!
They are so cute! I love Kaitlyn's proud grin in the bottom one! Love your girls. xoxo
What a sweet jester. They both look so cute.
They both look so beautiful and so grown up!!!
We miss you!!!
awhh(: taylor's hair looks really cute! i love ittt!♥
Post a Comment