"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 20, 2010

What love is...

Only in my dreams did I ever imagine falling in love with someone who would make me want to be a better person tomorrow than I am today. My dreams came true when I met Nathan. No it wasn't love at first sight, but the love that grew and still grows is more amazing than I ever dreamed was possible.

I thought I knew what love was when he whispered "I love you" to me over fifteen years ago. Then I thought I knew what love was when a few years later he whispered "Will you marry me?" On our wedding day sitting across the alter from him I thought I knew what love was.


Then he became a father and now I know what love is. With each book he reads, with each tickling match there is, with each treat he gives, with each reminder to practice spelling words, with each kiss and hug good night I know what love is and should always be.

2 comments:

Ash said...

So, so true!!! I feel the same way!!!

Melody said...

What a beautiful post Jodi. I'm sure he's that amazing because you are equally amazing.