I had asked our neighbor Amado who has always been so willing to help to come over and help me fix it. Once we got into the project we realized that the flange was actually broken and we would need an extender. Now before you go and get too impressed you need to realize that the only reason I know what that white piece of plastic with slits in it, which fits on top of the pipe thingy, that goes into the hole in the ground is because my other neighbor Kevin called his brother-in-law who happens to be a plumber and he told us what we needed.
So the night that Latisha had planned to come over and help me clean Mom's house we took a detour to Lowes to get the parts we needed.

Had I had a drill, Latisha and I could have fixed it all by ourselves. Instead Kevin and his tools helped me fix it the next day. We truly have been blessed with such wonderful neighbors who have always exemplified the Golden Rule. The will be sorely missed! I'm actually quite excited that I know how to change out a toilet now. Anyone need a plumber? I have very reasonable rates.
3 comments:
We have to be independent woman!! You go girl!
I will remember that went I want to put two new ones in. Ha HA see You can do anything.
hijodi
Post a Comment