Never having canned before, my friend Latisha suggested that I buy in bulk with her and we could do it together. The meat comes in long tubes of 10 lbs each and has to be bought by the case (which is 80 lbs). The lesson learned today was that if you call ahead they will get it all ready for you so when you arrive you don't have to wait.
Since I have been and will be living with her for the next two weeks we chose now to mark this off of our project list. Browning the meat was interesting. Draining the fat was even more interesting. Learning how to do this myself was quite empowering. Seeing the end result was gratifying.
If anyone is wondering where's the beef, well, it's all going to be at my house in a bunch of wide mouth jars!
5 comments:
mmmm, Meat!!!
Looks like a lot of spaghetti or sloppy joe to me.
hijodi
Great idea !
I ate it for dinner, and still haven't died yet, so I guess it is good!!
Post a Comment