"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life as it happens...

Before Thanksgiving I accepted a position working with the Community Based Care agency in Jacksonville. It is a part-time position and would both help us financially, but also give me the flexibility to be home with the girls in the afternoon. I'm excited about the opportunity to work in preventing child abuse. I'm even more excited I am able to work with families to help give them the tools necessary to strengthen their family.

What hasn't been so fun is watching my Kaitlyn Bell adjust to going to preschool. She's been a little like this...


When I'd rather her be like this...


She has been begging to go to school for months, but now that it is here, well, she isn't doing so well. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, but it really makes going back to work hard. I'm hoping we both will all be able to adjust soon. In the meantime my writing has been sparse. I've been neglectful, but trying hard to make notes of life as it happens so I don't forget.

3 comments:

Latisha said...

Oh, how sad! She will thrive, don't worry! Just give her lots of mommy love when you can :)

Vicky said...

Aunt KC Says if she does pull out of it after a couple of weeks something is off. She might not have the same rules as past school so it is confussing and the teachers is more critical so something like that as to why she doesn't like it. We love ya. Hope and pray all goes well next week.

Jamie Martin said...

She'll do great! You will know if and when something needs to change. Like Latisha said, just give her that mommy love, and call me for some sisterly love on those hard mornings!