"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Doesn't fade easily...


I appreciate Nathan, I really do, but it is days like today that I truly value him. With Nathan's new job he travels some times. I am not sure why I haven't noticed it, maybe I have, but today was extra hard as I pulled double duty.

I dropped the girls off at school.
I went to work (all day shift).
I scheduled an appointment.
I called a doctor's office.
I picked the girls up from after school.
I reviewed Taylor's homework she completed with help at the after school program.
I helped Taylor fix all of the mistakes in her homework that she did at the after school program.
I signed agendas, homework and reading logs.
I bathed Kaitlyn.
I lathered her up in sweet smelling baby lotion.
I cooked dinner.
We ate dinner.
I ate the rest of my anniversary chocolate cake.
I took Taylor to her Fourth Grade Open House.
I walked around her classroom, looked at all her pictures, and talked with the teacher.
I sat through a half an hour presentation made by the Fourth Grade Teachers on how this year is going to be "different" than any other year.
I drove home.
I brushed teeth.
I did dishes.
I swept the floor.
I tucked the girls into bed.
I got onto the girls for not straightening their room.
I straightened the living room.
I gathered the trash and I took out the trash.

As I walked up our very long drive way, pulling the extra heavy load of replace ables I began to think about my sweet, handsome husband who is on his way home. I do appreciate him. I truly do, but on days like today I am thankful that I am not a single mother. It is on days like today that I stop for a moment and beg Heavenly Father to please never take him away from me. It is on days like today that I remember his worth and sincerely hope that the memory doesn't fade easily. Often times we think "BIG" when we place a value to something. Well tonight I am thinking about all of the little things that Nathan does and am realizing once again just how pricelss he is!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

We sometimes forget how important the little things are. Love YA

Jennifer said...

Wow...a busy day. Good job!!

4th grade...writing. :P