"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, August 12, 2010

One of those...


I love the "pick right up where you left off" kind of friendships! They are far and few between, but when you find that kind of friend you cherish them forever.

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook lately. I love the fact that you can reconnect with old friends, but I hate the temptations that lie in wait for you. Today I am going to focus on what I love about it. A few weeks ago I received an email from a friend in high school. We had been through a lot when we were teenagers. I loved her and cherished her friendship. I think we made it to the cherish level of our friendship when I thought I was going to lose her one time. You see she suffered from an eating disorder. For years I wished she could see herself as I saw her, as her Father in Heaven saw her!

Nikki is amazing. She has the most beautiful singing voice ever and she captivates the audience. Anyway, she was coming to visit her dad and wanted to know if we could get together. Of course we could get together.

Nathan agreed to watch the girls and I headed home for a sleepover. After spending Friday with three of my best friends, my two sisters and my mama, I spent Friday night with two more of my best friends, Amy and Tiffany, at their youngest brother's wedding reception and then Saturday morning I was able to have lunch with Nikki. She is as amazing as she was in high school. She still struggles, but has taken her challenges and turned them to help youth overcome the struggles they have with their self images and speaks at local high schools in New York.

We talked, we remembered, we laughed and we cried. Nikki is just one of those friends. I am thankful that Heavenly Father placed her in my life and I know that she feels the same way.

No comments: