"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 27, 2010

Highlights...

Tonight we didn't have our usual Friday night pizza and a movie. Instead the girls and I piled into the car for a road trip. We went to Daytona Beach where Nathan was working. There was a minor league baseball game tonight and Nathan was given free tickets.


I was shocked when both girls not only were willing to have their picture taken with the team mascot, but were the ones who initiated it.


Taylor caught in a rare moment of breaking out of her shell.


Kaitlyn caught on the go as usual.


Although the night was off to a slow start because the girls were disappointed their daddy couldn't join us right away, they were roaring to go as soon as he came.


The two highlights of the night were first when the girls were able to run on the baseball field during the game in what they call "the stampede" and then last when on the way to the car Taylor snapped this picture of my handsome husband with me. We, and when I say we I mean me, never seem to take a good picture. So needless to say I was pleasantly surprised!


I'm so glad I decided to go. I had a pretty crummy week and wasn't feeling too grand this afternoon. All I really wanted to do was crawl into bed and go to sleep. Then when Nate asked if we were coming and I could hear a pinch of hope in his voice I decided to suck it up and take the girls.

Like I said I'm really glad we did because I enjoyed myself thoroughly and other than the gas I didn't spend a single penny at the ball park. Trust me it was so hard with the smell of cotton candy, pretzels, and funnel cakes. Believe me had their been boiled peanuts instead of the roasted ones they were selling I think I would have caved. I did stop at McDonald's on the way home and bought the girls ice cream cones as a treat. Hey $2.78 is a whole lot cheaper than the damage I could have done at the game.

2 comments:

Latisha said...

You all look great! Glad you had a good time - and way to go on the frugal trip - you saved money and calories both!

Jamie Martin said...

Looks like tons of fun!! Great job staying away from all the treats! They are not our friens!!