
This picture was taken last weekend at my brother's house when we were visiting with our cousins. I am not sure if it was my sister-in-law, Natalie or my cousin, Heather who took this picture, but the moment I saw it on Facebook I knew it was one I would cherish for eternity! I was immediately drawn to my mother's face. It is her eyes. It is her smile. They tell a story that only a remarkable woman can tell!
My mother is the mother I want to be. I want my daughters to someday say, as I can, that their mother is truly one of their best friends. There isn't anything my other wouldn't do for me. There isn't a sacrifice she hasn't made. I've never heard her complain! I've never heard her ask for a "Mom's weekend away"! She honors the divine calling she has been given as a mother!
We were talking about what is was that she did when I was younger that fostered the type of relationship we have today and after sharing some memories it finally escaped my lips, "you were always there"! She was always there. Always waiting in daddy's chair curled up, sometimes half asleep, but always there.
Always there to ask how my night went and if I wanted to share every tiny little detail she always wanted to know! If not, she always respected my privacy. More times than not I would open up. It was then, when she was always there that I grew to trust my mother. It was then that our friendship began! I could talk to her about anything and I know it was because she was always there, she is always there! I love you Mama! Happy Mother's Day!
5 comments:
hijodi
She is the BEST! We are blessed to call Vicky Watkins mother
She gets a third vote from me as being the best!!!
Your all special. I love my chidren! Loved reading your heart.
O MY GOSH I TOOK THAT PICTURE AINT IT CUTEEE!!!!! aunt natalie told me totake pics so i did
Post a Comment