"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dreamer and a doer...


Today I saw that I had missed a call from my sister-in-law Natalie. Worried that something was wrong I immediately left my training to listen to the message she had left. I was delighted when I heard the excitement in her voice as she explained that my nephew Chandler had been awarded the 2009 Disney Dreamers and Doers Shining Star Award. It was a total surprise. Mickey Mouse arrived at his school on the prize patrol bus from Disney World and presented him with the award during homeroom.

Chandler has always been a caring child. Since he was little he wouldn't ask for presents on his birthday. Instead he would ask if he could do something for someone else. One year he collected books for the local library and most recently he has been doing food drives for the local food pantries. I am so proud and love him so much! Way to go Chandler! You are most definitely a dreamer and a doer!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cool! I got to see Mickey at my school yesterday. One of my students got it also and she was in Music when they came. It was really cool to see. I admit that I had to hold back tears when they were presenting to her...I've had this students since Kindergarten and it's such an awesome award. Year round tickets to Disney would be awesome too. :)

Jennifer said...

... They must have been really busy yesterday! Getting to all the schools. They had to rush to Southwest Middle after our school. The lady in red was cute. She is either part mouse or just cute with an accent.

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

That is big news! I did not know Disney did that, it's great!