"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Moment of clarity...

My brain had a moment of clarity yesterday afternoon as Taylor opened the door in the car pool line and began to dictate the plan for her last day of school before spring break. "There's no school on Friday", I thought to myself. "And that would mean that tomorrow is the last day of school before Taylor's birthday if we want to take in cupcakes or something to celebrate", I continued. "I need to call Mrs. Boccieri, Taylor's teacher, to see if we can bring in something to celebrate Taylor's birthday early or maybe it would be better to wait until the Monday after spring break. I really need to call her.", my mind rambled.

After talking with Taylor's teacher we decided breakfast would be nice. So this morning Taylor and I awoke early to buy donuts and juice at Publix. Taylor was excited, but embarrassed at the idea I had the camera to take pictures. Hence only one picture. The one above with her teacher I was able to convince her to take before her classmates arrived.


She is growing so fast and I'm amazed as each day passes. I realize that the years truly are slipping past. I'm grateful for that moment of clarity that helped me put two and two together to realize that if I was going to do something, at her school, to celebrate how amazing she is, it needed to be done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its crazy how old she is getting... she is absolutely gorgeous! and I LOVE her headband! You're a great mom Aunt Jodi!

Latisha said...

Happy early birthday to Miss Taylor!