"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Growing pains...

As Taylor grows older I feel the growing pains. Pains in my heart that she isn't a baby anymore.


Yesterday was "Moms and Muffins" at her school. She was so excited when she brought home the announcement the other day and I was too. I was out of bed earlier than normal and singing a silly little song I had made up..."Moms and muffins, moms and muffins, I'm a mom and your my muffin". I thought it was catchy, so did Kaitlyn. My Taylor on the other hand was worried I might break out in song at her school and, well, that just shouldn't happen. I brought the camera, but she wasn't enthused at all at the idea of me taking her picture and so I slipped it back in to it's case after a few failed attempts to capture the moment on film. My memory would have to suffice.

It was a very nice breakfast the school did and I enjoyed spending some one on one time with my little girl. She is growing up so fast and yes my heart hurts. Will she ever know just how much I love her? Will we ever be as close as I am to my mom? Will she someday call me her friend?

I had the day off and so I had planned to run a few errands. I found myself at Tuesday Mornings. I had no money to spend, but wanted to peruse the aisles looking for inspiration in how to decorate the girls new room. I came to a rack of clothes and once again the growing pains hit. My hurt literally hurt. I found myself wiping away a tear as I flipped through a rack of little girl dresses just like the ones my girls once wore.

Someday they will be all grown. Someday they will be calling me from college or their own homes asking about this or telling me about that. Someday, but for today I will hold them a little tighter, sing to them a little longer, smile at them a little bigger and pray the growing pains will fade away!

1 comment:

Latisha said...

Isn't it the truth? I think it's harder with daughters somehow, too. It hasn't ever struck me quite the same with the boys. Our girls are going to be women before we know it! And by the way - like the new chairs :).