It was shaped like a flip flop and he teasingly said "Taylor needs one of these." Taylor loves her chips and dip.As we continued down the aisle we heard from behind Kaitlyn say "I'm going to try it on." I heard a giant laugh come from a customer behind me and when I turned to see what she was doing Kaitlyn had picked up one of the flip flop trays, placed it on the floor and was going to try on the flip flop.
Later during the same shopping trip on another aisle while Nathan and Taylor were searching for some Diet Dr. Pepper for me Kaitlyn and I were looking at the clothes. She had gotten the calculator out of my purse and was pretending it was a phone. "Hello", Kaitlyn said. "It's your mommy", she continued and handed me the calculator. I had a very nice conversation with my mom on the calculator and then I handed Kaitlyn back the "phone".
We turned a corner and I heard Kaitlyn say "hello, it's Grandma Watkins". I looked at Kaitlyn and said, "I can't talk to her". Confused my Kaitlyn asked me why. I then explained that I couldn't talk to my Grandma Watkins on the phone because she was in heaven. That is when Kaitlyn's forehead frowned and she asked bewildered "Grandma Watkins is in heaven?" I responded "yes Grandma Watkins is in heaven." That is when my four year old scolded me and said "no, MY Grandma Watkins is NOT in heaven, hers at the beach with Grandpa."

She had been talking about her grandma and I thought she was talking about my grandma. I've never heard Kaitlyn refer to my mom as Grandma Watkins and well today I tried to send her to heaven, sorry Mom!
3 comments:
hijodi
Poor Kaitlyn!!! You had confused her! Oh how I love that little one!
I love Kaitlyn! We miss her (and you) big time!
I got your cute message! We think you guys should come visit this summer!!! Reef says it is a really good idea!
Post a Comment