"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Completely concur...

She did it, she finally did it. It only took us two times of doing it, but she received the gold medal for the summer reading program. She had to read 1200 pages and do 12 different activities.


Not only did she do it once, but she lost her book of completed activities so the first week of school she did them all over again. It was tough, but she did it and I am proud of her. I'm also very proud of myself for having enough patience to suffer through it twice! What I want to know is where's my medal?


The theme for this year was Super Sleuths. I was very touched when Taylor came to me one day and asked if I would mail my brother, Clay a letter. When I asked her why she explained that one of the activities was to write a letter to someone whom you consider a Super Sleuth and she chose her Uncle Clay because according to Taylor he is the best detective ever! I have to say I completely concur with that conclusion!

No comments: