I began my day with my babies climbing into bed with me. I think, no, I know that they were more excited about my birthday than I was. Nathan gave me one of the most priceless presents ever, one that he knows means the world to me and is so thoughtful, he gave me the gift of sleep. "I'm gonna take the girls to school for you today" he whispered in my ear and then followed it with a kiss on the cheek.
Before I even crawled out of bed I leaned over and snatched the birthday card from my mama and daddy. When Nathan came home on Saturday he brought my present (a gorgeous fall wreath they and when I say they I mean Mama made and Daddy watched), but Mama said I couldn't open the card until my actual birthday. The words were precious and once again I was reminded why I love them so much, because they love me!
My little family tried so hard to make my day special. The girls made this Happy Birthday poster. I think they came awful close to having thirty six, thirty sixes in it.
Then Nathan had cooked me dinner and even did the dishes too. Mom Hawthorne gave me sapphire earrings to match the necklace she and dad gave me as a wedding gift. I was touched, I am still touched. I've always loved that necklace and the memory of dad giving it to me.
Kaitlyn gave me milk duds and her school pictures and Taylor gave me the spatulas I've been needing forever. My old ones are completely falling apart. She even bought my present with her own money. I was quite impressed.
To top the evening off we had chocolate cake with chocolate icing and a chocolate covered strawberry on top, yum, my favorite!
These three are my life! They are who I wake up for, who I dedicate my life to being better and who love me unconditionally! I'm beginning to appreciate what it means to love and be loved unconditionally. It feels amazing and there are no words that can describe it. No, to truly understand the concept you have to experience it. Before heading to bed I checked my facebook account. I was amazed at how many birthday wishes I had received. It feels wonderful to be remembered and loved, almost overwhelming. I can honestly say that at the age of thirty six I finally get it and for that am eternally grateful!
(This is a picture of the girls saying their morning good-bye to Nathan. Today Kaitlyn refused to let go and Taylor needed her morning love too. It was one of those moments I just had to capture.)
3 comments:
36--Wow thats old!!! haha
I love you Aunt Jodi... I have to ask though, do you always have your camera at the ready or is your family used to feeling like celebrities with a camera crew following them at all times? You always seem to catch perfect moments... my camera is never around when they happen.
Looks like a great birthday, despite the late day at work. I hope you got my lame-o card! Great post!
Post a Comment