"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Still there...

I needed to go to the grocery store last night and do some shopping. Usually when I run this errand on the weekend I will take advantage of Nathan being home and go alone. Last night was different though. I decided to take Taylor with me. We don't get to have one-on-one time very often because Kaitlyn is normally with us. So when Kaitlyn said, "I want to go", I told her no and explained to her that she and I get to spend a lot of time alone in the afternoons when I pick her up from school and Taylor doesn't get to do that. I was surprised that Kaitlyn agreed to stay home so easily, but with an "okay" Taylor and I were off to do some shopping.

We went to Marshall's first so she could pick out an outfit from Grandma and Papa. She was cute trying on different shirts and a dress. She finally made her selection and we were off to the grocery store. When out in the parking lot I remembered that I had wanted to look for a special birthday outfit for Kaitlyn. So back into the store we went. Only this time she found a t-shirt that she found hilarious. It read "if you think I'm crazy you should meet my mom". Taylor couldn't stop laughing. I told her she was on a roll because earlier today when we were headed to drop her and Kaitlyn off at my sister's house while Nathan and I went to the temple we passed my high school. I was quick to point out to the girls that is where I went to school. That is when Taylor said "you mean it's STILL there" as if to imply that I was so old the school would have been destroyed by now. Another thing she thought was hilarious.


I enjoy the time I can spend with Taylor. She is growing up so fast, way too fast! I wish I could put her in a bubble and protect her from the worldly influence that is all around us, but I can't. At least for now I can take the time to have fun with her. Time that isn't rushed. Time that isn't forced. Time that isn't forever. I realize that I better take advantage of these times while she is still there and still wants to. I pray that she will always want to. Before I know it she will be calling home to tell me that I won't believe what her little one just said.

3 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

You are blessed! She is one fabulous little girl, with such a big heart!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Oh- and you so should have bought her the "crazy" shirt, because it is so true.

Jamie Martin said...

Oh- and you so should have bought her the "crazy" shirt, because it is so true.