We met half way, switched vehicles because my van isn't big enough for all of the kidlings and I headed home. Nathan was headed home too, but instead of our home he was headed to my parents' home. He has to work tomorrow near their house and decided he'd rather make the drive tonight than in the morning.
The ride home was pretty much uneventful. The kids all took baths, put on pj's and all went to bed without incident.
You'd think I'd have taken advantage of their prompt 8:00 p.m. bedtime and caught some shut eye myself. Yeah right, instead I decided to take advantage of the time and begin decorating my house for fall and Halloween. Usually by now I already have the girls costumes picked out and all planned in my head. Decorating the house would soon follow with the scents of cinnamon brooms from Publix and Pumpkin Spice candles, but this year, well, it just hadn't made it to the top of my priority list, not until today. Life has been pretty crazy lately and I didn't want October to have come and gone and I say to myself, "I knew I shouldn't have put off decorating so long."
So it is one o'clock in the morning, the late night sounds are serenading me and the only thing spooky around here is my energy level seeing I've been up since 5:30 a.m.
5 comments:
I love your decorations! Really pretty.
I love the sign! Halloween is my absolute favorite and I keep begging Ben to get the cinnamon brooms for his stinky boy house!
I miss the cinnamon brooms from publix:(
I'm sure your whole house looks amazing now. You have such a gift for decorating! Enjoy the holidays! Hope you were able to get a nap today :).
Everything looks great. Very proud of you but you need your sleep
Post a Comment