"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Always have and always will...

Better late than never right? Christmas 2009 I had my brother Chad and his family for Christmas. We started a new tradition several years ago that instead of buying presents for each other we'd give the gift of time. We'll days turned into weeks and weeks into months and I found myself not having spent any one on one quality time with my brother. Knowing that we'd be in town several days before Christmas 2010 I decided to see if we couldn't get together. Fortunately Chad and Natalie didn't have any plans and we were able to spend some quality time together.


Natalie fixed a scrumptious ham dinner. We roasted marshmallows, which my girls have never done before and enjoyed each others company. I love spending time with my family. If I had to pick just one of my siblings that I was closest with growing up it would have to be my brother Chad. Just three years older than me, Chad was a senior when I was a freshman.

I remember watching him play football and going to his choir concerts. I remember late night talks with me and my girlfriends about the importance of not giving away my kisses. I remember his laugh, his tears and his temper. Most of all I remember the example that he set for me. He taught me what truly matter in this life through his actions. To this day he hates to see me cry. His heart is unmeasurable and full of unconditional love. I love our visits. I love our talks. I love him, always have and always will!

No comments: