"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Down for the count...

Last Sunday Nathan began to feel under the weather. His was concerned he might be getting sick. By Monday afternoon it had worsened and he was on his way to the doctor. "I have strep throat", he said as he was leaving the doctor's office. It was the last thing he needed with a full plate at work.

That evening my throat began to hurt. I slept on the couch hoping to stop any germs that might be lingering in our room from joining me. By dawn I could barely swallow and another co pay spent led us to me having strep throat as well.

Thursay morning I walked out of the bathroom after having taken a long, hot bath to find this waiting for me. My girls had made me and Nathan get well cards and Taylor had made me toast with juice. They are such good little girls, so compassionate, so loving.


On Thursday I called the girls pediatrician to see if they would call in a prescription for the girls as a precautionary measure given Christmas is just over a week away. Unfortunately they said no, but we could bring the girls in to be tested and that is exactly what Nathan did Friday while I was at work. "Can I see you for a moment Mr. Hawthorne?" Nathan said the nurse requested. "I knew it couldn't be good, Jodi" he continued as he was giving me the update. Taylor was negative, but Kaitlyn has strep. I should have known. She is our little carrier. She hasn't even shown the first sign of being sick, but sure does love stealing sips out of every one's cups.

So we are on our third round of amoxicillin in our household. Thank heaven for free antibiotic prescriptions at Publix. We may have been down for the count, but it wasn't a knock out!

1 comment:

Latisha said...

Hope everyone is feeling better! Love the notes!