"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A few of my favorites...

This Thanksgiving we went home! Home to spend time with family, my absolutely, positively favorite thing to do. This is the home I grew up in, was born and raised in. Well I was born in the hospital, obviously, but was brought here. It isn't a house; it is home.


We arrived at Mama and Daddy's Wednesday night. You would have thought the girls were being tortured because the cousins weren't around to play with. After dinner I headed over to spend some time with my sister, K.C.

Tony's family would be coming to their home tomorrow so they wouldn't be at the house for dinner and we were headed home before they would be coming out to the house for pie. I love spending time with my sister. She is such an amazing woman, so strong, so compassionate, so loyal. She went back to school a few years ago and she is graduating with her Associates Degree and I couldn't be more proud of her. We haven't always been close, you know the typical sibling rivalry, but once grown we have literally grown closer. She is one of my best friends and I cherish our friendship.

Once home I stayed up late talking with Mama! Oh how I've missed my late night talks with Mama. It never fails the first thing Nathan always asks me is "so how late were you and your mom up last night?" the morning after staying over at my parents' home. We haven't been able to visit like we used to the past few years because most mornings Mama and Daddy have had to be up early and serving at the temple. Now that their mission has finished we were able to get back to old times and I cherished every word!

Thanksgiving morning was filled with table settings, a cornucopia, fruit, football, parades, but no cousins. I thought my girls were going to shrivel up and die. It was like they were addicted and couldn't get their fix. If they asked me once, they asked me a million times, "when are the cousins going to get here?" I am so thankful they love their cousins. They truly are their best friends. There isn't anyone else they would rather spend their time with, yours truly included.

To try and speed time Nathan and I took the girls out on the lake in the paddle boat. It was a lot of fun.


Everyone was home except for Chad and K.C.'s families. It just isn't the same when we aren't all there.


Nathan had to work the day after Thanksgiving as well as Saturday too. So Mama and Daddy watched the girls for us so I could go with him on his business trip. It was nice spending some quality time with my handsome husband. We went out to eat Friday night on a date and then I worked with him at the marathon exhibit on Saturday morning. Mama and Jamie drove the girls to Sanford to meet me Saturday afternoon so I could pick up the girls and then meet Nathan when he finished working. The girls enjoyed seeing all of the rockets and exhibits at the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center.


It was nice spending some quality time with a few of my favorites!

1 comment:

Latisha said...

You get the best pictures! I laughed because my kids are the same way. They like to go to Grandma's house, but it wouldn't be the same without cousins there, too!