My sister Jamie and her husband Jeremy had what I like to call "a mommy and daddy get-a-way" this past week. I went from two to six overnight. My sister K.C. wasn't sure if my house was big enough for the task at hand and I could tell that my Mom, although my biggest fan, was concerned for my sanity. It really was fine and wouldn't have nearly been the experience if I didn't have to work...therefore I was the WORKING mother of six, all under the age of seven:
Kaitlyn a month shy of 3, Ethan 5, Hayden 2 and 1/2, Taylor 7, Ashley almost 7
Last but certainly not least was baby Brice 10 months.
It was like having two sets of multiples with a Kindergartner and a baby thrown into the mix! Thank heaven for friends who are SAINTS and super women who helped as babysitters! Oh, how I love those babies and would do absolutely ANYTHING for them! So here are some of the insights that my brief stint as a mother of six gave me.
The Top Ten Insights of a Mother of Six
10-Gum does come out of hair with ice & a little bit of patience.
9-You don't have to be Superman to fly off of a bunk bed onto a blow up mattress.
8-Six car seats will not fit into a 7 passenger van.
7-A dirty diaper can "reek" and stink up the entire house.
6-Bed times are essential, but almost impossible if there are four children sharing the same bedroom.
5-You can survive a trip in public if you can ignore all the looks and don't mind answering at least twenty times "Are they ALL yours?".
4-All babies like french fries.
3-If you can count to six you can live through McDonald's play land which entertains for hours, but the headcounts will be endless.
2-Silence is golden...well that is until Daddy (Uncle Nathan) gets home.
1-I DO know your name! So just know that if I'm looking at you I'm talking to you!
Franklin Pierce Adams, an American Columnists, best summed it up when he said "You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." So true...and what I learned this week from these six beautiful children is that there is absolutely nothing I can't do if I practice a little bit of patience.

1 comment:
You are a saint my sister, thank you so much for letting us have a little get away!!!!
Post a Comment