"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 16, 2008

She was...

Myrtle Margaret Pearson Currie

My mama gave me a memory box for Christmas 2006. In the box is my Great Grandmother Pearson's broach, my grandmother's rose pin, and pictures of my grandmother over the years. Also in the box is my grandmother's temple recommend. In the letter my mama gave me detailing every item in the box she wrote "You both were married on a special day for you and her. She loved you very much. I remember how excited she was when I told her you would be married on August 21st like she was only 67 years later. She would be there. She asked right away about her recommend. I told her we would make sure she got to her Bishop if hers needed to be renewed. She wanted to be with you in the temple."

Nathan and I were married for time and all eternity in the Orlando Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on August 21, 1998. Mama made sure that day was perfect! She knew how important it was that her mama, my Little Grandma, was there and she was! Thank you, Mama!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Little Currie loved you very much. She always asked about her Jodi. She was so excited you pick her special day for yours.