"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 11, 2008

Right where we left off...

Well he asked for it! Roman, another childhood friend, saw my last post. Feeling nostalgic and left out he decided to post a picture of me from the good ole days. My dad has an old saying that goes something like this: "If you mess with the bull and you're gonna get the horns!"

I have no idea why Roman was wearing this wig. I had completely forgot about it until I went rummaging through my photo album to find a picture in retaliation. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. Most of the time the question wasn't ever "WHY", but rather "WHEN" with Roman. He was friends with my older brother, Chad, and so I, of course, had more big brothers than a girl could want going through High School.

After serving a mission in Salt Lake City he joined a bunch of us from Leesburg at Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. That is when this picture was taken. We hadn't seen each other in 14 years until this past spring when he came to home for a visit. Although his reason for visiting was sad...the passing of a loved one...I was thrilled to see him again. I am even more thrilled that our friendship too can pick up right where we left off!

3 comments:

Roman said...

oh no you didn't!!! ok that's it. this is war. i'm just kidding. i'm at a disadvantage here. everywhere you went you had a camera. i got nothing................but i do have this one. you'll have to check it out on my blog.

Mama Yo said...

Alright Jodi! Love it! I bet I know what sweats those are he is wearing, and we still have that red jacket. Too bad no one knows about that wig though. {{giggle}}

Can you believe I married this guy? Why didn't anyone warn me first!?!?! (J/K of course!)

Roman said...

hey aren't you supposed to be taking care of the laundry? what are you doing up there? i dont remember the story behind the wig either. someone's roommate i'm sure.