
She learned quick that life at Aunt Jodi's is the simple life. Friday night is what? That's right pizza and a movie night. She arrived just in time to run to the store for some groceries (I planned to make caramel corn with her and the girls because, well, I'm spontaneous and fun like that), then we picked up Taylor from swim practice, grabbed a couple pizzas from the "hot-n-ready" place and headed home.
Linny Lou fit right in with both Taylor and I because she too wanted sausage pizza. Once home we ate, laughed, talked, made caramel corn only to find out that Lindsey doesn't like popcorn (now that was too funny), we talked some more. The girls settled into watching the movie while Lindsey and I looked at pictures on Facebook and talked some more.
The girls loved having her here! They loved hugging her, sitting close to her and asking her a million questions (mainly Kaitlyn). Taylor for the most part just sat back and observed. She watches every move and wants so desperately to be like her older cousins. Want to know a secret? I desperately hope she becomes like them too. They have so many wonderful qualities that make them unique. I'd love it if both my girls were a hodgepodge of all of those amazing attributes.

Linny's gonna kill me for posting this on my blog, but since I've turned this into a record of my life I don't want to forget the feelings I am having at this particular time in my life. I teased before Lindsey came this weekend that I was going to woo her, you know like the Universities do when they are trying to recruit a star quarterback or receiver. You see I want Lindsey to come and be on my team for awhile. I tried to convince her to come and go to school here when she graduated from High School because she's always loved this area and we had moved here right before graduation. Then I tried last summer to get her to come and watch the girls for me. Next I tried a couple months ago before classes started for the fall and once again I'm trying to get her to come after Christmas break.
I finally admitted to her the truth last night about one of the reasons why I am trying so hard to get her to come. Sure I mainly want for her to be able to go to school, have a fun college experience and know what it feels like to be young and worry free for a while, but like I told my Linny-Lou, I had to be completely honest with her, there is about a tenth of me that wants her to come out of pure selfishness. It wouldn't be just for her, it would be for me too! Friends, true friends, are hard to come by nowadays and my Linny Lou she is the bestest friend anyone could ever have. She is so full of life. When she loves, she loves with all her heart, mind and soul. She makes me laugh. She, I believe, would be an answer to this Aunt's prayer.
Now before you think I am the world's worst Aunt for putting that kind of pressure on her, I realize that wasn't fair and that is why I told her it was ONLY PART of the reason, because honestly I truly want her to come for her! It would just be an added bonus for me. Kind of like recruiting the star quarterback and winning the National Championship all in the same season.
Having said that she was cute because she told me it was okay for me to be selfish. She even said it didn't have to be a 90/10 split. She said it could be a 60/40 split. That is my Linny-Lou. Like I said when she loves, she loves with all that she is and it is unconditional even when you are being a little bit selfish! I miss her already!
1 comment:
oh- I love her too!!! Her happiness is contagious! Yours would be a great team for her to play on!
Post a Comment