Kaitlyn's Fall Festival at school was on Thursday. She was so excited! She was up and dressed before the alarm even went off and that included her socks and shoes. I had told her I couldn't stay the entire time because I had to leave for work and so she proceeded to tell everyone that I was her mommy and I was there for "just a little bit".

Friday morning was Taylor's classroom party which needed cider and donuts. Then Friday night Taylor had earned enough points on her behavior chart that she could have a friend sleepover. There was a permanent smile plastered on her face even though we didn't get any pictures.
On Saturday morning Kaitlyn had been invited to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheeses. Nathan had to work so Taylor kept me company while Kaitlyn enjoyed the party. Both girls were so excited to get out and do something fun.

Once home from the party I dropped Kaitlyn off for a nap since Nathan had gotten home from work and then Taylor and I were off to run last minute errands before dressing up for the Trunk-or-Treat activity at church. Believe it or not we accomplished both Publix and the super store in under an hour.
With some costumes, tears, curls, make-up and chili in hand we were ready to leave for the activity. Kaitlyn was Cinderella and we were thrilled when we found her glass slippers during our afternoon errands. Taylor was a princess from the Renaissance. First a stop back at Grandmama's for a fashion show. Then another stop at Publix for their annual "Treatsville" activity. Finally, we made it to church.

The activity was a huge success and the young women I serve with at church did a fantastic job of handling the carnival booths. There was face painting, a fishing pond, bean bag toss, candy corn relay, cup cake walk and a mummy race. Plus there was all you can eat chili, soup, pie and we can't forget the candy, yum!

By the end of the night we were beat tired. A long day, a long week and it wasn't even Halloween yet. Fortunately tonight has been quite. We didn't have a single trick-or-treater knock on our door.
Now if I had to pick a favorite memory from all of the week's festivities it would have to be when we were at church and Kaitlyn wanted to put on her glass slippers. You should have seen it. They were too small for her feet. It reminded me of when Anastasia, Cinderella's step sister, tried to stuff her enormous foot into the glass slipper. The only difference was that my persistent little Cinderella not only made those slippers fit her, she wore them all night long.
3 comments:
Beautiful girls in beautiful costumes!!!
You got some great pictures - of you, too!
They looks so darling. Love the color on Taylor. Look out world here comes our Kaitlyn, never a no.
Post a Comment