"Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake."---Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Marvin the monkey...

Kaitlyn was beaming from ear to ear yesterday when I picked her up from school. She was wearing a backpack and couldn't wait to tell me that she had been chosen as Student of the Week. According to her teacher, Ms. Janice it is because Kaitlyn is an exceptional listener. I asked if they kept her listening ears at school each day when she comes home so they wouldn't get lost. Ms. Janice kind of chuckled. I personally thought I was being quite witty.


So this weekend Marvin has had a blast. He played the "running game" or otherwise known as chase with Kaitlyn and her daddy. He did the chicken dance with Kaitlyn and Taylor. He joined us for Friday night pizza and a movie. I felt bad because he got a little scared by the Voodoo man during the Princess and the Frog. He loved our picnic by the river today and couldn't wait to watch the Seminoles play the yucky Hurricanes. He even did the Seminole War Chant. Tomorrow he will got to church with us and now he is sleeping with my precious Student of the Week.

2 comments:

Latisha said...

Reminds me of Brandon when he brought home Buster the Bear. He didn't want to leave Buster for a second! I know how you feel with one set of ears for home and one for school. My Kaylee is like two different people! At least she's great for her teachers!

Vicky said...

She looks so peaceful sleeping.