We all have different perceptions in life. Mostly because we haven't lived the same life. We all have different life experiences. We all experience life differently. The same afternoon rain shower may be straw that broke the camel's back to the person without an umbrella or the cherry on the top when the drops begin to fall as you have your last first kiss. What may seem impossible or frightening to one is completely feasible and even empowering to another. All because of where they have been and what they have experienced thus far in life.
The older I get the more I come to understand this concept and truly believe the philosophy behind it, even if it is my own philosophy due to my own life experiences. And yet on the other hand there are certain aspects in life that are black and white. Age is one of them. No matter how much you'd like to hope you are still in your twenties, your driver's license knows the truth and it's picture tells the truth. That is unless you really are in your twenties and in that case enjoy every second because one day you will wake up and you won't be there anymore and that is okay too.
Last weekend we celebrated Nathan's birthday!
I've celebrated fifteen birthdays with my handsome husband now. He wasn't my husband for all fifteen of those birthdays, but he sure was and still is the love of my life. Nathan is the other clear cut, no other way, black and white in my life! I love him. I love him with every breath that I breathe, every tear that I cry, every giggle that escapes and every cheek that blushes!

To say we love him doesn't even come close to what we feel in our hearts for this man! He is our everything and I eagerly look forward to many more birthdays to come! Happy Birthday Handsome!
2 comments:
Life is a treasure hunt,"Enjoy the search." Every year has it's joys and when you are 40 those 30's will look wonderful, take it from a 60 something year old. Every moment is a treasure. The greatest treasure is at the end of the hunt an Eternial family. Best part is being at our best! Mine wil be 99. Ha Ha
Great post, although sometimes I don't like to think about all those years slipping by!
Post a Comment